Saturday, July 5, 2008

Things I Shouldn't Like But Do

I like the fact that it is forth of July and it smells like the world is on fire. I know it's wrong to like that when parts of the world are on fire. Doesn't change it. I like that smell of smoke and black powder in the air. This could perhaps go along with my loving the smell of gasoline. I guess I just like the smell of destruction. I also like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette. Not the smoke after it clings to you and not a room that has some smokers in it and the smell of their old cigarettes lingers. I like the fresh smell.

I liked not having a job. Not having to go to work everyday and deal with those people I'd grown to hate. I like being able to make my own plans on what I was going to do with my time. Being able to meet friends for lunch without worrying about having to rush back to the office.

Popping zits. I know I shouldn't. It's also a little gross. Although I feel better after it's done.

Tanning. I love laying out on a blanket, reading a magazine and cooking my skin. A nice golden brown is my color of choice. I love the sweat and the heat. The annoyance of having to hold the book/magazine in front of my face. I love the way I look when I'm tan. I know I should stop and it will age me faster and I could get cancer. I know this and I just can't care.

Crappy TV. Why can't I stop watching things like "Girlicious?" I know it sucks and yet I can't stop watching. "Jon and Kate Plus 8" has become an obsession. I can't get over the fact that they have eight two year olds or something close to that. And then any count down Vh1 puts on I am sucked in for hours. Yet I really like the count downs even when I know I will spend all day in front of the TV (even if I've already seen it).

So there ya go some of my guilty pleasures (not all just some).

No comments: